Attention wine lovers!
This wine tour starts in the beautiful Stellenbosch winelands which is located a short 20 minute drive from Cape Town city. Stellenbosch is a majestic part of South Africa and is a town for all seasons. There are many grape varieties in the area that are famous for growing wines such as Shiraz, Chenin Blanc and South African Pinotage. On this wine tour you will also learn about the Méthode Cap Classique developed in the region that emulates and rivals the very best French champagnes.
Stellenbosch has a famous university which makes it a small town with a lot of buzz. Although it is a small town, you will be spoiled for choice with activities such as wine cellar tours and wine tastings, art galleries, museums and berry picking.
The wide variety of wines available to purchase will keep the beautiful memories of the Cape Winelands alive long after you leave.
Duration: 1h 45min
After Stellenbosch we will move on to the famous Franschhoek which is a wine-lovers dream destination, an old Huguenot village. There are many streets and estates with French names which will make you feel as though you are in a smaller version of France. The town has so much charm and peace and offers delicious delicacies, cheeses and award-winning wines. The Franschoek Tram is now included in this wine tour which take you through beautiful vineyards, breathtaking scenery and some of the best wine farms in the world.
Duration: 2 hours
Between Franschoek and Paarl, is Drakenstein, also known as Victor Verster Prison where Nelson Mandela spent the last 14 months of his imprisonment for campaigning against Apartheid in South Africa. He was released in February 1990 as a free man! There is famous statue of Nelson Mandela here that you will be able to see.
Our last stop on this wine tour is the small town of Paarl, famous for its wines, Spice Route, the Taal Monument, coffee shops and breweries. Here you will be able to experience the true Afrikaans culture and tradition. The Paarl Rock is a popular giant granite rock formed by 3 rounded outcrops that make up Paarl Mountain. It has been compared in majesty to Uluru in Australia.
You will be able to leave this beautiful town with some of the regions finest wines to take home for your collection.
Duration: 1 hour
Depart: 08:00 – 09:00
- City orientation
- Dorp Street
- De Braak
- Free walk around historical town
- Wine tasting at a Stellenbosch wine estate
- Cellar tour
- Cheese tasting
- Drive through Paarl
- Wine tasting at a Paarl wine estate
- View Nelson Mandela’s former Prison (Victor Verster)
- Historical village
- Huguenot Memorial (Optional)
- Wine tasting at a Franschhoek wine estate
- Helshoogte Pass
- Opportunity to purchase wine
- R1100.00 pp
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel or guesthouse around Cape Town
- Entrance fees
- Three wine tasting
- One cheese tasting
- Cellar Tour
- Professional guide
- Pick up and drop off at hotel
- Earphones to hear the guide clearly
- WiFi on board
GENERAL INFORMATION & CONDITION OF SALES
- Not available on 25th December and New Years Day
- General information and conditions of carriage prices, routes, places of interest, destinations, hotels and restaurants are subject to availability and to change
- Tour departure and arrival are approximate
- German, French, Spanish as well as other foreign language guides are available on request
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- All tours are subject to minimum number of passengers
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times
- Cash payments are to be made in South Africa Rands unless alternative arrangements have been made
- Full payment is to be made directly to the guide on commencement of the tour, unless otherwise arranged