Calling all wine lovers! Taste some of South Africa’s best wines and cheeses on this Cape Winelands Half Day Tour. You will have the chance to ride on the famous Franschhoek tram and purchase award-winning wines that you can enjoy with your loved ones.
This tour takes you to the magnificent Stellenbosch winelands which is only a 45 minute drive from Cape Town’s city centre. The drive there offers picturesque landscapes and mountains that will leave you mesmerized. Along the Cape Winelands are many different wine estates with distinct grape varieties including Shiraz, Chenin Blanc, and Pinotage. You will also gain an understanding of the Méthode Cap Classique produced in the area, that can be compared to some of France’s best champagnes.
Stellenbosch is a beautiful artistic town with a popular university which ensures that there is always vibrancy and energy wherever you go. Some of the other activities that one can enjoy in Stellenbosch include wine cellar tours and tastings, art galleries, historical museums, and strawberry picking.
There are many different wines that are available for purchase on this Wine Tour that you can enjoy after your visit.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Please note that wine farm locations may differ depending on the day of the week or the time of the year.
- City Orientation
- Dorp Street
- De Braak
- Free walkabout into historical town
- Wine tasting on a Stellenbosch Estate with cellar tour and cheese tasting
- Franschhoek historical village
- Enjoy a unique ride on the Franschoek Tram
Depart: 08:00 – 09:00
Depart: 13:00 – 14:00
- Mobile vouchers accepted
- Instant confirmation
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wine and cheese tasting at some of Stellenbosch’s most prestigious award-winning wine estates.
- Enjoy a ride on the Franschoek tram which takes your through beautiful views and vineyards. It is one of the best ways to experience Franschhoek.
- R820.00 pp (Adults)
- R385.00 pp (Children)
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel or Guest House around Cape Town.
- Entrance Fees
- Two Wine Tastings
- One Cheese Tasting
GENERAL INFORMATION & CONDITION OF SALES
- In case of non-presentation on the tours, full cancellation fees will apply.
- You can cancel until 24 hours before your tours.
- General information and conditions of carriage prices, routes, places of interest, destinations, hotels and restaurants are subject to availability and to change
- Tour departure and arrival are approximate
- German, French, Spanish as well as other foreign language guides are available on request
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- All tours are subject to minimum number of passengers
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times